Computer-aided design is the use of computers to aid in the creation, modification, analysis, or optimization of a design. This software is used to increase the productivity of the designer, improve the quality of design, improve communications through documentation, and to create a database for manufacturing.
● Time limit for making the design is 24Hrs.
● You can form a team only 1 student.
● The design must have a minimum of 4 parts, out of which 1 will be grounded and the rest
must be moving.
● The individual parts should be assembled into 1 file and must include 2 animations of not
more than 10 seconds of operation and assembly respectively.
● The dimensions should be according to real life idea and must be presented in the form
of a technical drawing.
● Enough thought process must be given to a large scale manufacturing possibility of the
product – this may include material selection and manufacturing process.
Judging:- At the end of the competition, the participants will be submitting the files to Ignite
team which will be judged by the judges (IITGN Faculty and Autodesk Professional).
The maximum score is 100 and is distributed as follows:-
● Creativity- 30
● Attention to detail in the design- 30
● Large scale manufacturing feasibility- 20
● Mechanism analysis and background research- 20
The decision of the judges will be final.